Hope they dear
Interstudent 2017 gala took place in a magnificent Polish Art Gallery of Nineteenth Century in Sukiennice Crakow Hall the first day of “Foreign Students in Poland 2017” Conference.
Jarosław Gowin, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Science and Higher Education, gave the prize to the best foreign students - Interstudents 2017.
Interstudents 2017 are:
In the category undergraduate studies:
- Sowmya Thottambeti from India, Poznan University of Technology
- Vadym Melnyk from Ukraine, University of Information and Technology and Management in Rzeszow
In the category graduate studies:
- Omar Al-Obaidi from Sweden (Iraq), Jagiellonian University Medical College
- Seyed Mohammadreza Sadr (Reza) from Iran, University of Warsaw
In the category postgraduate studies:
- Sabina Brazevic from Lithuania, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan
- Anastasiya Niakrasava from Belarus, University of Warsaw
Omar Al-Obaidi received the title of the Most Popular Student in Internet voting.
The jury of the competition:
- Prof. Marek Tukiendorf, rector of Opole University of Technology, the chairman of the CRASP Commission for International Affairs', the chairman of the jury
- Prof. Stanisław Kistryn, vice-rector of Jagielonian University
- Dr Bianka Siwinska, managing director, Education Foundation “Perspektywy”
- Michał Gajda, the chairman of National Representation of Doctoral Students
- Tomasz Tokarski, the chairman of Students' Parliament of the Republic of Poland
selected winners among 100 submitted applications. We received applications from students from Ukraine, Canada, Iran, Iraq, India, Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Colombia, Czech Republic, Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Ghana, Great Britain, Georgia, Spain, Holland, Indonesia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mali, Morocco, Moldova, Norway, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Syria, Turkey, USA and Vietnam.
The competition was organized under the auspices of prof. John Schmidt, the chairman of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland.